When does a Stack Actually Die in the IDE???

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 14 16:51:21 EDT 2006

Mark Smith wrote:
> The best I could do was:
>
> function stackIsOpen pLongID
>   set the itemDelimiter to "/"
>   return (char 1 to -6 of item -1 of pLongID) is among the lines of  the
> openStacks
> end stackIsOpen
>
> which on a 1.5mhz G4 powerbook took 150 ms for 1000 iterations.
> (checking the windowID took 500 ms).
>
> The trouble with 'value(word wordoffset("stack",pLongID)+1 of  pLongID)'
> is that given the long id of a stack, it returns the full  path of the
> stack, so is never in the openStacks.

True. The original request was for a way to identify the stack that held
the long ID of an object in the stack, so that's what my script did. But
you're right, it wouldn't work with file paths.

For long IDs that are stack file paths, you can use:

   get (the short name of pStackLongID is in the openstacks)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com