Linux Engine Licensing - Please Read

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 9 11:23:25 EDT 2006

Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> On Sat Apr 8, 2006, Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com wrote:
>> In v2.7 the dev and runtime engines are separate, and I can't get the
>> dev engine to run without an IDE and I can't get the runtime engine to
>> run at all without being bound to an app.
>>
>> I solved this for myself by building a simple stub app instead.  Now I
>> can just drop my files onto that and it works a treat. (snip).
>
> Richard,
>
> with 2.7 I use the "standalone" file to open stacks without the IDE.
> A couple of weeks ago -when we were discussing "player" issues on the
> Metacard list some weeks ago, I had mentioned that it is possible to
> rename file "standalone", i.e adding an ".exe" extension and even
> choosing an arbitrary name for the file. Dropping stacks on that "player
> stub" starts them without opening the IDE. Works for Revolution and
> Metacard stacks.
>
> What is your solution like? Something similar or diffferent?

If I read you correctly it's pretty much the same as yours -- I think.
I'm using a standalone with a very simple stack attached to it only
because I couldn't get the Rev runtime engine to run on its own.

Did I understand you correctly that you've gotten the runtime engine to
run by just renaming it to include ".exe"?

Hmmm.....

Any such luck with the OS X runtime engine?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal