[Ticket#: 2006040510000641] Re: [OT] Articles to read

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Sat Apr 8 19:07:47 EDT 2006

Thomas McGrath III wrote:
> Marielle,
>
> My name is on that list. Please do not include my comments or name in
> any of your emails. I know you don't mean anything derogatory by
> including my name but I still would prefer if you didn't.

I know I'm about to probably stir up some real trouble now, but I have
to say something to this.

Tom, you're saying she can't compliment you?  Ask you any questions?
Reference anything that you've done that might help another user on the
list?  Recommend you to someone else on this list as being someone who
can help that person?  You get my point?

Basically, what you said sounds so ignorant that I can't believe you
said it.  It seems so childish.

The thing is that anything and everything you put into a public forum
like this no longer is yours to control.  You can't ask or tell anyone
not to quote you from a public forum , not to mention your name or
anything.  It's public.  Well, you can ask and demand, but nobody has to
  comply.  If you don't want people to even mention you, then remove
yourself from the list, turn off your computer, lock your doors, and do
not ever communicate with the world again.

I'm sure you're right though, I'm sure were not being singled out for
something derogatory.  It's obvious the intent, which had nothing to do
with you.  Which adds to your puzzling reply on this.

Almost all those names that were listed are the people who are most
helpful.  Granted, some of them participate in what I call
"ego-chatter", but even with that, that list represents a lot of good
people and I would have assumed that anyone listed would have actually
felt complimented by that.

-Garrett