dreamhost and Rev CGI?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Apr 8 00:03:32 EDT 2006

We are running 2.6 on linux Fedora Core 3 without any problems...
and those libs are definitely not our our box.  I just moved to a new
server in San Franscisco. it was "drag and drop" for me. As long as
you set permissions correctly it should work.

OH! it must be 2.6 and *NOT* 2.6.1 the later requires the libs, the
former does not. Andre thought i had done some magic after he spent
some hours trying to get it work on our new box.. and just on a hunch
I move the one we had on the old box (I figured it was working so it
shouldwork on another box...) over  to /usr/local/bin/  and CHMOD 755
and CGI began working right away... well guess what:

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/cgi-bin/checkRevEngine.cgi

2.6

not 2.6.1 which will fail.

if you need the .tar I'm using I can post it to our server (oops is
that allowed?)

I think I got lucky because I could not find a 2.6 on Rev site onloy
2.6.1 and if I didn't have that old copy we would be in big trouble

Sivakatirswami