Eureka! It's late, I'm tired and grouchy and I can't figure out a way to do this!

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Apr 7 22:54:26 EDT 2006

Trevor-

Friday, April 7, 2006, 11:15:42 AM, you wrote:

> For what I am doing right now it does as I'm not looking that far
> down in the hierarchy.  I'm just getting the group that an object
> belongs to, so the delete technique has worked out since it just
> deletes the object from the long id (or name).  The full path,
> including the substack, is left intact.

I've started (in the last couple of days) getting the long id, then

put the long id of someObject into tLongID
replace " of " with comma in tLongID
set the itemDelimiter to comma
-- turn the file path into a stack name
put item -1 of tLongID into tPath
put the name of tPath into item -1 of tLongiD

and treating this as a set of items.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net