Eureka! It's late, I'm tired and grouchy and I can't figure out a way to do this!

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Apr 7 14:15:42 EDT 2006

On Apr 7, 2006, at 10:02 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> Does the "parsing the long name" method that still work when a
> substack is involved? I think you need a test for substack and then
> the range of words might be different.

For what I am doing right now it does as I'm not looking that far
down in the hierarchy.  I'm just getting the group that an object
belongs to, so the delete technique has worked out since it just
deletes the object from the long id (or name).  The full path,
including the substack, is left intact.

In my case, I know that none of the objects in the path will have
quotes in the name so word 1 to 4 (or 3 if name rather than id) works
well.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com