so long

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Mon Apr 3 06:01:45 EDT 2006

Hi Sean,

How do you deploy your standalones? I used to have one big stack
file, but found that it caused all kinds of problems when running as
a standalone. Now I have a dummy "splash screen" stack that gets
built into a standalone. All it does is "jump" to a .rev file (inside
the app bundle). This seems to make a lot of things work better under
Mac OS 9.

It would be easy for you to try this and might be worth the 10
minutes or so it will take. All you have to do is to create a dummy
stack that just does a "go to stack path_inside_bundle/stackfile.rev"
in the openStack handler. Then add the file(s) "stackfile,rev" to the
file list in the "Copy Files" panel of the Standalone settings Dialog.

I can let you have some code to do this if like.

Hope this Helps
All the Best
Dave