Anyone have any experience of CPlat???

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 29 11:17:24 EDT 2005

>On 9/29/05 5:39 PM, "David Burgun" <dburgun at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
>
>>>  David,
>>>
>>>  If you are not strong C++ developer then why bother self with C++ ???
>>>  Use Revolution, or REALbasic, or Visual BASIC.
>>>
>>>  C++ is C++. RAD tools are RAD tools...
>>>
>>>  Each solve own tasks. Do not compare them.
>>>
>>>  And do not forget RAD tools are made with C++ mostly. :-)
>>>

>>  I've been coding in C/C++ for over 20 years!!!!!
>>
>>  I have to compare them cos I've been asked to by my manager!
>>
>>  Just wanted to know other people's experiences is all, I'm writing a report.
>
>Then write next:
>
>     the best power comes in combination of both!
>
>This is very close to truth.
>
>     you can make GUI in Revolution
>     and if something is missing develop plugin in C++

Yes, I think that is by far the best approach, I can't think of
anything GUI-wise that you can't do in RunRev when you have to take
into account Cross-Platform issues.

Also the backend code is then highly cross-platform since you are
just using raw C/C++ which is more or less the same on all platforms.
The only slight bug-bear is that you have to use XCode for the Mac
whereas before you could have used CodeWarrior for all the platforms,
now that would be a REALLY good solution. Oh well 95%c is almost as
good as 100%!!!!

Thanks again for you help
All the Best
Dave