Anyone have any experience of CPlat???

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Sep 29 08:56:06 EDT 2005

Thanks Charles, so it has nothing to do with CPlat then? I was just
confused as to why it was mentioned in connection with Rev/CPlat and
thought maybe I'd have to look at it in order to evaluate CPlat.

BTW, I can't say I'm overly impressed with CPlat so far, for the
following reasons:

1.  You have to download three separate archives and then splice the
folder structure together by hand.

2.  You have to then muck around in CodeWarrior setting up Source Trees.

3.  I did this and tried to build the sample HelloWorld project and
got g-zillions or errors since some files are missing.

So far I've spent about 5 hours on it and still haven't got "Hello World" up!

Contract this to RunRev:

1.  Download one archive.

2.  Double click the RunRev App.

3.  Create your *own*  Hello World (I did this ages ago).

Total time (without ever looking at RunRev before) 30 mins tops!

To me anyway, this looks like a no-brainer, I just can't understand
why *ANYONE* would want to build a GUI in CPlat (or any other C/C++
based framework) when Rev is available!

Alll the Best
Dave