Sound formats

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 25 12:30:59 EDT 2005

Judy Perry wrote:
> I and my students have encountered numerous problems using WAVs (of
> course, _we're_ not professionals!) as opposed to AIFFs.
>
> Aren't some of the WAVs compressed?
>
> We've seen WAVs that worked in Rev fine on one platform but not another,
> and vice-versa (no apparent pattern, but, then, given that the WAV
> solution appeared to be 'no worky', we didn't look, either).

I've been reading up on this. WAV files can be either uncompressed or
compressed. Rev will only work with the ones that are not compressed.
The "PCM" format I was asking about is the uncompressed format, which is
why it seems to work in Rev. I found some understandable info here:

<http://www.teamcombooks.com/mp3handbook/12.htm>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com