Sound formats

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sat Sep 24 16:56:11 EDT 2005

I said

Sure mp3s are better. Most games have their own drivers - so they don't need
to require clients to have quicktime... But alas, that's the problem with
rev... It doesn't use the windows sound drivers, doesn't use the windows
media player so it's missing all the formats windows can deliver already
without quicktime...

Rev can play wavs and other formats I haven't tested most probably but with
the bitrate limitation...

As Scott said, size is a good determinant of playability... This requires
usually sounds that are over 300KBs each for beeps! Ridicule doesn't kill
but... it's not nice for the global bandwidth ;)

cheers
Xavier