add menu-background vanishes

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Sep 22 18:15:40 EDT 2005

Rich Lague wrote:
 > Thanks Jacqueline,
 >
 > I finally got it to work when I reduced the number of cards in the
 > stack. It was a stack with more than 500 cards. When I deleted all but 9
 > cards and created a menu, I saw my background moved about halfway down
 > the screen.
 >
 > Does the menu builder move the existing objects down further when there
 > are more cards in the stack?

The number of cards shouldn't make any difference. But it does take some
time to go through 500 cards to check each one for card objects that
need to be moved. It may be that you didn't wait long enough for the
process to finish, so it looked like nothing was happening.

I'm not sure why your objects should have moved halfway down the card
though; usually the menu builder only pushes things down about 26 pixels
(or maybe it's 22, I can't remember.) Unless your stack is really,
really short, the existing objects shouldn't have moved so far.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com