highlight and hide field from standalone

rev at armbase.com rev at armbase.com
Fri Sep 16 08:39:07 EDT 2005

>>Hi Bob,

Hi Klaus

Ok I thought of another thing.
I'm playing with this one.... It seems quite nice. IMHO :-)

On mouseup whgichone
global field2delete
if the controlkey is down then
   if whichone = 3 then
put "xyz" into field2delete
set the bordercolor of fld field2delete to "red"
--this should make the border red but it does not???
--Q? any idea what the edge of a field is called? I tried changing all the
--colours to red without any luck
         end if
else exit to top
end mouseup

-- so pressing the right key when control is down puts the field into the
--variable

on deletekey
global field2delete
if the bordercolor of fld feld2delete is "red" then
hide fld field2delete
end deletekey

--deletes the field only if the border is red :-)

on escapekey
set the bordercolor of fld field2delete to empty
end escapekey

--escape key clears the border colour so the delete key wont work :-)

But now the problem I cant see the edge of the field being red but I can see it
red in the object inspector. What is the boundary of a field cazlled if it is
not the border colour?

Cheers
Bob