highlight and hide field from standalone

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Sep 16 05:32:41 EDT 2005

Hi Bob,

> Hi All.
>
> I want to add a script into a field in a substack that allows the
> user to
> highlight and hide a field.
>
> Ihe reason for this is simple. I have a master database and read a
> csv file then
> adds item one into field one (then repeat for each item).
>
> Now this is OK, however, the end user need not require all the
> fields in view.
> Indeed the first 5-6 are not required at all. Therefore, I'd like
> to create the
> master database and allow them to highlight a field (just like in
> the rev-IDE)
> via something like control-rightclick and then if the agree to the
> selection
> hit the delete key  (or similar) to hide/delete the field/fields.
>
> Any IDEa's (excuse the pun)?

:-)

Quick and dirty idea:

on mouseup whichone
   global field2delete
   if whichone = 3 then
      set the rect of grc "my hilite border in red or whatever" to
the rect of fld "xyz"
      set the loc of grc "my hilite border in red or whatever"  to
the loc of fld "xyz"
      put "xyz" into field2delete
      show grc "my hilite border in red or whatever"
   end if
end mouseup

on deletekey
   global field2delete
   if the visible of grc "my hilite border in red or whatever" then
      hide fld field2delete
      hide grc "my hilite border in red or whatever"
   end if
end deletekey

You get the picture, should be easily doable.

But you might want to use a shorter name for the graphic ;-)

> Cheers
> Bob

Regards

Klaus Major