[ANN] Moving Wallpaper demo

John Ridge john.ridge at mac.com
Fri Sep 16 04:38:25 EDT 2005

Hugh, thanks - this is a great demo! The panning effect stutters a
little, even on a 2Mz iMac with Tiger - I don't have access to a fast
Windows machine, but I'd like to know if it runs more smoothly there.

I've also been experimenting with transitions other than the "cross
fade" that you've made the default. I'm using the "answer effect"
command to get the QT dialog, fiddling with the parameters then

     answer effect
     set the cTransition of this stack to it

then later I can

     unlock screen with visual the cTransition of this stack

Which is a good way of finding out about the various effects. I
hadn't realised that you can save them as .qfx files. This looks
handy, but I haven't yet found how to load one using Rev (i.e. not in
the QT dialog). Is there a simple trick that I've missed?