Standalone Menu Question

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:31:24 EDT 2005

> I have a stack that does not use a menu bar, just one window with
> controls. When I make a standalone, RunRev adds a simple menu bar,
> which just has the application menu in it. My question is, how can I
> honour the "About Box" enrty? All I want to be able to do is it have
> the first entry say "About My Application" and when selected to be
> able to display an About Box?
>
> Can I do this without creating a menu bar etc.?

Not as far as I know. The basic menu bar that is created (because all
Mac apps have to have a menubar) does not send any messages to your
app. You will have to create a minimal menu bar, then the About entry
will appear to be part of your Help menu and you can script for it in
the Help menu script.

HTH,
Sarah