Problems with streaming audio

Howard Bornstein howard.bornstein at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:16:59 EDT 2005

On 9/12/05, Brian Yennie <briany at qldlearning.com> wrote:
> Howard,
>
> I believe the difference is that you need to avoid the "start player"
> command altogether. If you use playRate and only the playRate to start
> and stop the player, you may get better results... once you use "start"
> the damage may be done.
>
> Or are you restarting Rev in between trying "start" and "playRate"?
>
> HTH
>
> - Brian

This happens when I start Rev from scratch and try to execute the
script line "set the playrate of player "stream" to 1". When it hits
that line, Rev completely hangs and I have to force-quit. Another
strange anomoly is if I click to the pointer tool, the player control
bar starts shimmying (visually--it doesn't actually move) like crazy
and won't stop until I leave Rev, click into another application, and
then return to Rev. All in all, very strange.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein