Stack's Name Being Changed When Used as CGI

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Sep 13 11:16:06 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

     I'm using a stack as a CGI.  It's my first try and has been
going well so far.  I have the stack open when I'm writing CGI
handlers, and I test those CGIs at the same time by submitting forms
to be processed from my web browser.  Naturally, this leads to some
anomalies in that a CGI handler may save the stack, but the results
are obviously not visible to me in the instance of the stack I'm
actually editing.  When I then try to save the stack I'm working on,
that is, after submitting a test web form, I sometimes get an error
from Revolution telling me that it can't access the stack in
question.  The reason for this appears to be that a tilde has been
appended to the stack's name, so that myCGIStack.rev has become
myCGIStack.rev~.  I just want to confirm that this is the result of
me working on the open stack at the same time that web calls are
being made and not some sort of bug.  Can anyone confirm this?

     Regards,

         Greg