Players and menus don't mix

Ben Fisher jamon.ben at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 22:07:39 EDT 2005

I've started using players, a type of control I don't use normally.
However, there's one problem that is driving me nuts. It is easily
reproduced.
 1) Create a new stack.
2) Create a player object in the middle of the screen.
3) Create a button just a little above the player.
4) Choose the select tool, right click on the button (contextual menu), and
click on edit script or something.
 The player object starts blinking really quickly. Revolution is
unresponsive for a while but then goes back to normal. It looks a little
scary but I haven't lost anything. I think normal menus, and not just
contextual menus, might cause the problem but haven't tested this yet.
 Is this a known issue?
 (I'm using Rev 2.5.1 on WinXP, this might have been fixed in 2.6)
 -Ben