import snapshot PC vs OSX

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Sep 3 10:47:51 EDT 2005

>> How can I  (or can I) use "import snapshot" on a PC displaying video
>> and have the video image show up (not appear all black)??

> The digital video device of MCI bypasses the standard screen buffer on
> most systems (video card dependant) and as such Revolution will not be
> able to snapshot the part of the screen the video is displayed on.
>
> There might be some options when configuring the MCI device to disable
> this behaviour - in which case you should get the desired result.
> Alternatively, I believe MCI has a 'capture' command to grab a still
> from an MCI device.

In the *very old* MCI reference I have, the document seems to imply that a
"capture" can be made but it only references audio as an example and the way
"record" is used here seems refer to the device itself, not the system.  But
it might be worth trying with video.

 open new type waveaudio alias capture
 record capture
 stop capture