import snapshot PC vs OSX

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Sat Sep 3 08:45:01 EDT 2005

Hi Sims,

The digital video device of MCI bypasses the standard screen buffer on
most systems (video card dependant) and as such Revolution will not be
able to snapshot the part of the screen the video is displayed on.

There might be some options when configuring the MCI device to disable
this behaviour - in which case you should get the desired result.
Alternatively, I believe MCI has a 'capture' command to grab a still
from an MCI device.

Hope this helps,

Mark.