AW: AW: AW: How trim: Bug in RegExp engine

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 12:29:57 EDT 2005

This would make sense that the quote is considered non-white space.
If you were parsing a quoted string and considered the quotation mark a
valuable character and part of the "word" component.

now try these in the msg box.  I said 'huh?' and probably a bug.
put word 1 to -1 of  "    My test with lots of    "& quote & "spaces" &
quote & " at the end     "

put word 1 to -1 of  "    My test with lots of    a"& quote & "spaces" &
quote & " at the end     "

put word 1 to -1 of  "    My test with lots of    a"& quote & "spaces" &
quote & "      at the end     "

Jim Ault
Las  Vegas