Revdocs on a wiki

Dennis Brown see3d at writeme.com
Fri Oct 28 11:21:24 EDT 2005

Heather,

Thank you for your (RunRev's) unequivocal endorsement of this long
time desire from this list.  I believe it is in RunRev's best
interest to take the leadership role and apparently you agree.
Please be sure to solicit input INTERACTIVELY with the "interested
parties" during the specification phase so that it can become both
the best doc tool and one that people on this list will enjoy using.
The most active posters, and the most experienced scripters are the
ones who would add the most value to a wiki.  The most inexperienced
scripters are the ones who would derive the most benefit --especially
the ones who don't sign up for this list!  Both the experienced and
inexperienced scripters that are on this list will likely be the
catalyst (through their questions) for driving new content.

A well managed docs wiki can become an effective sales tool for
spreading the Revolution to the masses.   Having a single place to go
to for answers to basic questions about using Revolution, ideas for
how to start a project, sticky problems, examples, etc. can be
addressed along with links to specific resources like the appropriate
tutorials, tools and solutions on third party sites, and this list
can make such a wiki the cornerstone of new customer support.

Please count me in as one who will actively support and promote this
effort in any way I can.

Dennis