step in debugger?

Jerry Daniels jerry at daniels-mara.com
Wed Oct 26 12:32:20 EDT 2005

Charles,

In Constellation, when you click "step" and "step into" is not
checked, it should execute the current line and then, provided the
line executes, take you to the next line UNLESS you are already to
the end of the originating handler.

In past versions of Rev IDE, the "step over" would sometimes "step
out" of the handler entirely and act as if you had clicked "run."
This happened when stepping over a call to another handler and
sometimes when stepping over an IF statement.

In 2.61 Rev IDE it would appear that some of this is fixed. I can get
2.61 to step over calls to handlers at least some of the time, but I
just tested it and found it "stepped out" when I tried to step over
an IF statement.

I just tested Constellation on the same script with the same
breakpoints (Constellation uses the Rev breakpoints). Because
Constellation is paranoid, it puts "ghost breakpoints" that users
can't see after every point at which it fears Rev's debug engine will
try to "step out." It could be that Constellation needs to add a
ghost somewhere. I would like to find out where (under what
conditions) we need to add ghosts. It's nearly Halloween, after all.
<GRIN>

SO...could you send me more info offline? Don't want to clog the list
with Constellation tech support.

Best,

Jerry