docWikis

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Tue Oct 25 06:48:32 EDT 2005

>> I think your best strategy would be to convince potential
>> participants that their contributions will get recycled into other
>> revDocWikis if yours does not grow and thrive. Accordingly, no
>> contribution will ever be wasted.
>>

> I'm coming in late, so forgive me is this has already been answered:
> Why not use the user comment feature built into the Rev docs?

(1) not all members of this list have broadband
(2) is it a personal note or a shared note?
(3) what do they do with the comments? back to the same issue... Am I
doing anything useful or wasting my time when editing comments.
(4) There is also the issue that comments are completely unstructured
(5) Can comments be reedited (improved upon) by other members?
(5) There is then the issue that with comments there is no space for
adding information at widget level (a widget is defined as a group of
controls achieving a specific action together... the excellent jigsaw
puzzle contributed by Alex is a good example of this).

Marielle
--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist

Alternative emails: mlange at blueyonder.co.uk, M.Lange at ed.ac.uk