Constellation: any way to get equivalent of the selectedObject?

David Bovill david at openpartenrship.net
Thu Oct 20 15:42:07 EDT 2005

On 20 Oct 2005, at 19:39, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> We USED TO select the object during no-click inspection--if the
> pointer was chosen.

Recent version changed this right - kindo of liked it myself - now
I'm still stuck as i cant....

> 1. The TITLE of Constellation's window has the full name of the
> object you're editing.
> 2. The TAB that is dedicated to that object has the name of the object
> 3. The PREVIEW (or copy) of the object is shown
>
> We figured after all that, it wasn't necessary to select the object
> during no-click inspection and risk the user forgetting that the
> object WAS selected.
>
> Hope that helps.

Not really - you see I have an object selector / browser like yours
just not as pretty :) I use it to "indicate an object" and then I can
create other tools which manipulate the object in some way.

So for a clear example (thinking of writing a viral marketing program
for you):

     1) I create a stack with one button and one field

     2) I "select" the "field in my new stack"  in constellation
property or even script editor - the tab is open

     3) I write a script which references the selected object -
ideally with a line like:

on mouseUp
         put the selected_ ConstellationObject into someObject
         set the script of someObject to "Jerry Daniels is cool!"
end mouseUp