OT: Bush in Free Fall

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Sat Oct 22 18:13:32 EDT 2005

> awesome :-)

Indeed!

While we are at cool flashes: The coolest skeleton I saw was done by
vectorlounge, which seem to have disappeared (a pity) I found an
archived version.

<http://web.archive.org/web/20030605104909/http://www.vectorlounge.com/
04_amsterdam/jam/wireframe.swf>

If might hang on load. If it does so, right click on the flash movie
and hit play...

> in order to be in chart: no means to make something approaching this?
> arcade engine, for instance (not so much studied it, I must confess...)

Not "out of the box". Skeleton animation and rigid body dynamics  is a
very complex topic and even more complex to derive generalized
techniques, or one method fits all approaches.  That is not handled in
ArcadeEngine today. Even though some of the needed functions are
already in it, ArcadeEngine lacks the physics parts (physics are on the
to do list for version 2.0).

<blow my own horn mode>

ArcadeEngines main focus today is fluent asynchronus movement, fast
collision detection and prescripted behaviours for path creation and
constraining movement, spiced up with a neat set of geometric functions
to save some headaches. ;-)

The next update will provide more collision detection methods (very
fast polygon-polygon collision tests for convex and concave polygons),
fast point in poly tests, line- and lineSegment intersection points,
tests on which side of a line a point is located (left, right or on the
line), a new User interface and revised documentation.

</tooooot tooooot>

All the best,

Malte

---
ArcadeEngine - prepare to WOW your audience within minutes
http://www.runrev.com/section/revselect/arcadeengine
http://www.derbrill.com/arcadeengine/forum