Phishy Paypal

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sat Oct 22 08:48:54 EDT 2005

The Other T.M. wrote:
>Obviously it is not PayPal doing it BUT someone IS gaining access to
either PayPal and/or eBay and their mailing lists 'when someone does
a transaction'. This started for me right after an eBay sale and
PayPal transaction.

I sent the email on to both and got a response very quickly. The
emails stopped soon after.

This T.M.'s experience: Eerily similar. I've been testing my Instant Payment Notification cgi--having it email me when payments are completed, and lo and behold every time I tested it I got a piece of spam right next to my PayPal one. Could be on my side, though...hmmmm.

tm