Learning center videos don't play

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 21 18:49:48 EDT 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
> Better yet, they should be coded so they're not looking for a  required
> component in a hard-wired place. DUmb.

The whole business with a specialized codec seems awfully complicated.
I know the codec they're using is cool and all, but it's fairly recent
and it's not like the world never delivered video over HTTP before it
came along.

Has RR considered using a codec that's already included with QT, at
least as an option when the specialized one hasn't been installed (or is
installed incorrectly, or has any other such problem)?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation