ANN: New Website for TAOO

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Mon Oct 17 13:32:56 EDT 2005

I think we need a reference first

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overloading

now, put into rev context... sorry if I go overboard - im a bit overloaded
;)

if you pass an object or use the function in any dynamic way, you can adapt
the type of the passing object (the parameter or a reference to (or
reference to a group of them) ) to any function or polymorphised handler or
function within dynamic or chosen (controlled) objects types...

on dynamicDoCreate something
do "create" && something

or

get "create"&something&()

etc...

that's instantiating (creating meta-methods in this case) and overloading
either operator function or the parameter via an abstract "object-function".
The twist here is using dynamic scripting and semantics to virtualize the
object.

does that make sense?

in other words, the user can call any function via a handler that is
adaptable. whether the function (create <something> exists can be even
created via association (create banana = create fruit because banana is a
fruit and only the create fruit exists). A bit of prolog ideology if you
ever tried the prolog thing - I never did but I studied language design
hence I know a bit about lots of languages...

cheers
Xav