New date format: YYYY-MM-DD

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Fri Oct 14 18:53:19 EDT 2005

But MySQL uses yyyy-mm-dd (which may be where Sivakatirswami is
running into it?), and I think other SQLs do too. Not a bad thing to
have Rev's dates conform to . . .

On the other hand, changing the documented form of dates sounds like
a blueprint for a trail of broken apps.

Maybe a built-in date-conversion function, with different standards
as arguments controlling the output? It would be *great* to have a
smart function like that, that would take the whole range of formats
various users might type into a field. (Anybody got one?)

Charles Hartman