New date format: YYYY-MM-DD

Mark Smith mark at maseurope.net
Fri Oct 14 18:26:41 EDT 2005

I've seen quite a lot of YYYYMMDD about, what Sarah calls 'numeric
date' in her DateTime library. I've been using it in all my apps
internally for ages, since it's so easy to sort and search. I have a
few of simple functions to convert back and forth, and identify
weekends and such like, though I've got so used to it that for
myself, I'm just as comfortable seeing 20051014 as 14/10/05...

Mark