Fancy Font in Properties Palette

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Oct 14 14:30:38 EDT 2005

Ken Ray wrote:
> On 10/13/05 10:53 PM, "Benjamin Pastrana" <pastranadigital at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I am getting a very Fancy Font in the properties palettes.
>>How I can set it to verdana or arial font?
>>Thanks
>

> Is this on Windows or Mac? And do you know what font is actually being
> displayed? More information would help to be able to solve the problem...

We saw this a few times in the tech support queue a while back. It only
seems to occur on Mac OS X, and is due to a font ID conflict. Often the
conflicting font is an old one in the OS 9 Classic font folder, but one
person had a conflict with a font in the OS X font folder (it is
possible that person moved an old font into that location.) The native
system fonts don't seem to be a problem, but third-party fonts may cause it.

If the font is recognizable, just look in both font folders to find it
and remove it. If it isn't immediately recognizable, then the only cure
is to remove third-party fonts one at a time and restart Revolution to
see which one it is.

If the font is necessary for other work, then there are a few utilities
out there that can assign new IDs to a font. That also reportedly works.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com