num of bgs versus num of grps

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Wed Oct 12 08:08:45 EDT 2005

Hi All,

As there is a lot to do about background groups may be this is the
right time to ask about a completely undocumented feature (at least I
cannot find any reference to it (and I know this is not a reference
either :-))

< put the number of backgrounds > is different from (though the docs
state group and background as equivalent)   < put the number of groups >

"put the number of groups" : will report the total number of groups
on the current card (and not in the complete stack if it is a
multicard stack)

"put the number of backgrounds" : will  report the number of groups
to be found at cardlevel of a complete stack (one or multicard stack).

in a 1 card stack:
   -  If there are several groups  it will report the number of
groups, whether the backgroundbehavior is set or not
   -  if there is a group in a group in a .......   it will be
counted as 1 group
in a multicard stack:
   -  it will report the total number of groups at cardlevel in that
stack
         3 groups on each of 2 cards without backgroundbehavior set
to true will be reported as 6 groups
   -  if the backgroundproperty of a group is set to true it will be
counted only once
          3 groups on each of 2 cards with  backgroundbehavior of 1
group set to true will be reported as 5 groups

Can anyone confirm this?
TIA
Greetings,
Wouter