Export Forced Line Break (soft returns) to XML

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:06:23 EDT 2005

On 10/12/05, kee nethery <kee at kagi.com> wrote:
> Perhaps the solution is to add three new constants
>
> returnCR
> returnCRLF
> returnLF

My preferred solution would be for CR to mean what CR means in every
other language i.e. ASCII 13. LF correctly means ASCII 10 and CRLF
correctly means 13 + 10, it's just Rev's definition of CR that is
weird. The fact that CR means one thing on it's own and a different
thing when used as part of CRLF is majorly confusing.

However I prefer to use cr in my scripts for a linefeed and leave
"return" to indicate that I am returned a result from a function, so I
would go with your first suggestion and have an entirely new constant
that varies by platform, perhaps EOL?

Sarah