little arrows Increase/decrease a field value

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Oct 8 21:16:19 EDT 2005

On 10/8/05 12:43 PM, "rev at armbase.com" <rev at armbase.com> wrote:

>> Just a quick note for those of you wondering why this is "backwards"...
>> actually if you think about a field with a bunch of text in it and a taller
>> scrollbar control to its right controlling the scroll of the field (yes, I
>> know you can just set the vScrollbar of the field to true, but bear with
>> me), it makes sense the clicking the down arrow will increase the amount of
>> scroll of the field, and the up arrow will decrease. It only seems to be
>> strange when used as an up/down arrow control.
>
> Hi Eric and Ken
>
> I have it fixed now, however, using little arrows; the up arrow makes it go up
> and the bottom arrow makes it go down. IE as it should. THe Inc refers to the
> up arrow and the dec refers to the down arrow. This seems to be the
> opposite of
> what you suggest. Have I understood you correctly?

Hmm.. that's odd, since I just created a scrollbar control with the
following code:

on scrollbarLineInc
  put "INC"
end scrollbarLineInc

on scrollbarLineDec
  put "DEC"
end scrollbarLineDec

And when I click in the down arrow of the scrollber it puts "INC" and when I
click the up arrow of the scrollbar  it puts "DEC".

Can you test this on your end?

Glad you have it working, BTW.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software