can't get keyboard shortcuts to work

Claudi Cornaz claudi.c at fiberworld.nl
Tue Oct 4 07:39:05 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Probably I am missing something quite obvious, but I can't get my menu
shortcuts to work.
In the menubuilder I made a menubar with different menu shortcuts.
In the menu I have the usual menuPick handler with a switch statement
like

on menuPick pItem
switch pItem
... ...

However when the menu gets invoked with a keyboard shortcut pItem is
always empty,
so ofcourse none of the cases in the switch ever gets triggerd. (the
menuPick handler gets called correctly
but no parameter is passed)

Should keyboard shortcuts be handled differently or is there some
propertie I should set that I am not aware of?

I am using runrev 2.6 and  OS10.2.8

Thanks a lot in advance

Claudi