change the size of the box in a checkbox

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 07:05:47 EDT 2005

> I would like to make the box in a checkbox bigger. In the IDE I can make the
> checkbox bigger, but this only increases the boundary and the text area but not
> the   check section.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I suppose I could always make a group with a label area and two buttons, one
> blank and one with a X on it, and then resize these and use a hide show script,
> however, is there an easy way? :-)

You can't change the size of the built-in checkbox as this is taken
from the system, so you will have to make your own. However you won't
need a group, just a button with two different icons that show checked
or plain. Set the textAlign of the button to "right" and the icon will
appear at the side of the label.

Cheers,
Sarah