making a popup insert text.

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Mon Oct 3 16:03:04 EDT 2005

You wrote:

Hi Dan

> Not sure exactly what you mean by that question, but if you use a combo
> box (I assume that's what you meant and not an option box, which doesn't
> exist), you don't have to do any programming to get the user's selection
> to show up in the box portion of the object. That's built-in behavior.

It was an option menu, but a combo box will do.

What I want is a preference stack with a box or menu that has things on it
like
2 fields
3 fields
4 fields

Depending on the choice, it adds the script into a button. eg a ficticious
one.
on mouseup
copy 3 fields to stack xyz
end mouseup

IE it is a way of allowing the enduser to modify the function of a button
from a list of choices.

Cheers
Bob