IDE Strangeness

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sun Oct 2 14:00:30 EDT 2005

REV 2.6 - latest build  OSX 10.3.9 Powerbook 17" 133

I'm having a strange problem with the IDE. I'm working with MySQL and
Trevor's DB library (both of which work fine) - but I'm getting
unpredictable behavior in the IDE after hours of working out database
subroutines and debugging (with the usual errors until one gets it
right), and it seems to get worse with time, like a memory leak or
something.

The symptoms are mainly that, after time, and randomly, important IDE
components such as the Inspector, the the Message Box, the
Application Browser and the ERROR window will not be brought back to
the front after an earlier dismissal.

I've tried the usual suspects including downloading the latest fresh
version from scratch, trashing the prefs (helped a little) and going
back to 2.5.1 but it just seems to keep happening.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Also I remember there was a patch to fix the slow docs problem. I
can't seem to find it- does anyone know where it might be found?
Thanks!

stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o