Rev and User Accounts

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Sun Nov 27 22:32:53 EST 2005

>Timothy Miller wrote:

--snip--

>>My plan was to lock myself out of the obvious
>>time-sponge-applications. I wouldn't be able to use this stuff on
>>impulse. I'd have to log out and log back in as the administrator.
>>The slight delay and inconvenience might be an effective
>>psychological barrier.

Alex Tweedly Replied:

>Sorry, Tim, I don't know enough about MacOS to help you.
>But I do have one question ....
>
>IMHO, the biggest "time-sponge application" if all is RunRev. I can
>spend hours in there, happily tweaking things, trying out things,
>adding features to my apps, playing with Revs features, etc.

Hi Alex,

Yeah, I know what you mean. I do that too, except I can't really say
I enjoy it. Well, sometimes it is intellectually stimulating, like a
good puzzle, but it sure doesn't beat paddling a kayak in Hawaii. It
seems like a sick compulsion sometimes. My favorite foible the
"convenient" new feature will never save me as much time and trouble
as it takes me to write and debug.

>So why do you want to make it available to your "focused" login.

I run my business on a bunch of integrated Rev stacks, formerly
hyperCard stacks. The good news is, if it breaks, I can fix it. The
bad news is, if it breaks, I *must* fix it.

Thanks for asking,

Tim