Small Print Problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Nov 27 21:35:23 EST 2005

Robert Presender wrote:

> The first page prints fine. Using .88 as printScale, the textsize of
> ListField is
>  between 9 and 10.  Subsequent pages,  containing  only the text of
> ListField,
> use revPrintText but the printed text size is the initial size of 10.
>
> Since I don't know how to emulate a printScale in revPrintText,  I
> change the
>  textSize of ListField to 9.  This works fine but the text appearance is
> a little smaller
>  than the first page. I would like subsequent pages  to be scaled like
> the first page.

I think the only way to make sure you really get a good size match is to
use the same scale for all pages in the printout. Leave the field font
size alone, and instead, scroll the field via script and print each page
sequentially using the same settings. See the "pageHeights" property,
which reports the scroll settings required to print each page of the
field. That's what revPrintText uses, actually.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com