[OT] Handling Returned Virus Mail

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Sun Nov 27 02:16:39 EST 2005

Scott

And I thought mac users were not affected by window viruses ;)

We get 80K viruses or spam hits a day at work... and the percentage of spam
hits is alluring! Virii are not negligent either...

Here's a few rules:

Virii:
Attachments, JavaScripts
Not sent to you
from address doesn't match the originators server domain or topsite url
Attachments: (exe, zip, rar, doc, vbs, wmi, etc...)

SPAM:
Not sent to you
from address doesn't match the originators server domain or topsite url
Title words do not match dictionary and some are obfuscated alphanumerics
Title words match spam dictionary (pharmacy, p1-lls, v1a-gra etc...

Now, people send jokes to their friends via the cc field (so spammers don't
catch the list full of new email addresses thanks to the careless jokers or
gullible chain letters responders)...

What kind of server is this?