Pricing / entry cost for this tool

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sun Nov 27 01:46:47 EST 2005

Good question, Mark.

I'm not sure RunRev is falling down with respect to either market at
this point because neither market has yet reched the point where its
demands pose a problem.

If you run through Bugzilla and this list I think you'd find that the
vast majority of current users are inventive users (glad you like
that phrase; I invented it back in the HyperCard heyday) and that
among newcomers to Rev out of that audience there's generally a
significant amount of initial confusion and consternation that only
dissipates with some extensive exposure to the product. Until
recently, I suspect most new Rev users were HyperRefugees, but I have
a sense that in the recent past -- say the last six months or so --
that has started to shift and more Inventive Users who are
discovering Rev without an HC background are coming into the mix. As
that happens, there will be even greater pressure on RunRev to find
new ways of introducing these people to the concepts and uses of Rev.

I have always felt that RunRev ought to focus pretty exclusively on
the Inventive User market and I've not only expounded that idea here,
I've laid it out in some detail. I do not claim that I think this is
a present issue, but I have a sense that it is going to become one as
the market expands.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html