Pricing / entry cost for this tool

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 00:33:30 EST 2005

On 11/25/05, Dan Shafer <revdan at danshafer.com> wrote:>
>And with so many free (open source and otherwise) compilers and IDEs
>out there, it would be suicide for anyone to try to charge per-copy
>distribution fees in today's market.

Total agreement here.
I've got a whole "tool chest" full of other development tools at my disposal
and even though I feel that Rev beats out the whole bunch, I would have
never even considered it with that type of licensing scheme.

Although I'm certainly not a professional developer (yet), I would
definitely fall into the "serious hobbiest" category, using Rev mostly for
work related projects. I currently have the Studio version for Windows and a
DreamCard license for Linux, with plans of buying the 2.6 version for my new
Mac-Mini before year end (or shortly thereafter).

I see it as a really good investment for the future.

-Dave-