About bugs (was This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help)

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Nov 24 16:43:09 EST 2005

Hi Dave,

I have some experience in XTalks since 20 years...
I have seen many people like you moaning about what they call *bugs*.
In my experience today, I may ensure you that, 99 times out of one
hundred, I *know* that the reason is a bad code and , sometimes in a
place I get pain to find it :-).
Before saying: that's a bug, please, try to reproduce it in a fresh
new stack.
If you can't reproduce it, it means that your stack has a coding
problem.
Then don't waste your time: search, track and solve :-)

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

PS. In your case, as others told you, your stack is the problem, not
Rev.

Le 24 nov. 05 à 21:27, David Burgun a écrit :

> As for scaring people away, surely it's the bugs that scare people
> away, not me moaning about them! Or are you suggesting that it's
> better to keep quiet and that way fool them into thinking they are
> getting something they are not. Apart from ths dishonesty, I really
> don't think it will work, since if they do buy it and then hit the
> problems they will be far more upset and far more likey to just
> drop RunRev then if they knew there were these kind of stupid
> problems to start with.

So Smart Software

Phone        33 (0)1 43 31 77 62
Mobile        33 (0)6 20 74 50 86