Netware

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Tue Nov 22 18:35:05 EST 2005

My program saves student's usage data in a stack (which also serves to display/evaluate it). Some teachers wanted to have this info available from anywhere.

My original solution (worked on my home machine) was to store the data stack on a web server and ftp it down to the local machine to update and then ftp it back up.

Apparently this didn't work for them (firewall?). I got the following info from the tech guy:
>We would like your software to run from the client and multiple workstations to be able to simultaneously access your program's data on a UNC path such as \\e145eves-ins\data\apps\your_program. [Netware 6.5]

Any thoughts?
Right now, I'm thinking that teachers just want the basic info, so why not have my rev app send an email to the teacher? The teacher could put his email address in a simple text file in the program's directory and the app would look for it and send off an email if it existed.

thanks
tm