Macedonia, Ubuntu, RR and a few rude words about Visual Basic

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Mon Nov 21 18:22:48 EST 2005

Here's one good reason for a FREE Linux version of RR to be
readily available:

Macedonia is going over to Ubuntu (
http://www.metamorphosis.org.mk/eng_vesti_detal.asp?id=291
),

and, presumably, some poor students are going to have to
learn programming skills

xTalk / Transcript is a very powerful yet gentle
introduction (and not only that) to programming

I recently completed an MSc in Computers and IT at the
"University" of Abertay, Dundee - apart from the fact that
I learnt nothing more than what I could have learnt with a
half-dozen textbooks and a month in the country - I was
'introduced' to programming through the awful and retro
Visual Basic.

I showed some of the students stuff I had popped together
in under a tenth of the time in RR/MC and managed to
successfully antagonise all the lecturers (no, surely
not?).

South Africa (not quite the same siza as Macedonia) is also
going that way.

The Universities should be humming with RR on Linux: after
all the theory is that the University graduates will be the
ones with the money to spend.

sincerely, Richmond
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html