MP3 sound files in Rev

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Fri Nov 18 04:24:34 EST 2005

Aloha, Tom from Hawaii, just across the Big Pond...we do a lot of
things with sound here... questions:

On Nov 17, 2005, at 2:18 PM, Thomas McCarthy wrote:

> Also keep in mind the bug where the player's sound drops out
> towards the end.

Do you know now many secs are dropped?

> I think setting the player to visible solves it (move it off the
> viewable area to hide it)
>
> Finally, you cannot record in mp3 or mp4 format--even though some
> interesting possiblities are presented to you when you look at the
> "Recording Formats" window. But you can record in wave format and
> then run a shell program to convert it to mp3.

what program? will it run on OSX? Right now options for conversion to
mp3 seem to be shrinking (only my ignorance---lack of time to
research...) and I'm still depending on Audion to take WMP or WAV
into mp3... Peak only does AIFF...and Audion is "dead"  --
unfortunately, gone the way of small software in the face of
hegemony... in this case, that of iTunes.

Sivakatirswami