[Slightly OT again] Gaming

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Sat Nov 5 22:31:26 EST 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Marty Billingsley wrote:

> I need resources on gaming and game design, preferable from an
> algorithmic standpoint.  "The Art of Computer Game Design" was a
> great tip.  Anyone got any others?

Marty,

Have a look at http://www.gamasutra.com.  (you have to register, though)

I just obtained a book from Addison-Wesley:  Kevin Oxland, _Gameplay and
Design_ (2004).  ISBN 0 321 20467 0.  Haven't had a chance to read through
it yet.

MIT Press has a new book out that I haven't seen and don't have the
reference for at the moment.

One which I am liking at the moment and may adopt (if it's still in print)
is Eddie Dombrower's _Art of Interactive Entertainment Design_, ISBN
0070174970.

But they're more process-oriented than programming-oriented.

Judy